Wednesday 16 February 2011

Constructing the alloy wheels

I found a suitable wheel picture and applied it to a plane as a material. Using this as a reference I drew a tube with 15 segments and a cylinder with 10 segments in the centre (using snap toggle), so that I could create 5 spokes for the alloy. I then converted them both into editable polygons. Using attach I was then able to use bridge to join the cylinder to the tube.



Using turbo smooth rounded all the edges and allowed me to create a chamfer in the central line of each spoke. I adjusted the chamfer amount to match my reference picture. I repeated this for each spoke.



I created a simple wheel nut and used the array feature to rotate the nuts around the wheel. I used instance so that any modifications to the wheel nuts would be repeated on all of them.



To cut out holes for the wheel nuts I copied the wheel nuts and moved them away from the alloy.



I then used pro Boolean to cut them away......




......and moved the copied wheel nuts back into position, reducing them in size slightly so that there was a small gap around the wheel nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment